iDunk- a technology update of the fairground Dunk Tank or on the TV program "Get Your Own Back"
Chuckie has been running a Twitch.TV channel which allows his followers to remotely fire devices at him. This project takes some of his ideas and turns them into a local interactive fun event, where a volunteer (parent) can be shot at by their tormentor (child).
- To create an engaging interactive experience for all ages and abilities
- To use technology in a creative but easily understandable manner
- To play on different relationships (parent/child, mates, partners) to invoke fun/revenge by reversing the norms
- To create a challenge/reward activity possibly with an element of learning and/or collaboration
- To modernise the old fairground ‘dunk tank’
- This is based upon the ideas of @meChuckie and his Twitch stream. As such he should be the key decision maker in terms of sharing his IP and development of new ideas.
- On his channel ‘clients’ can select a number of devices to direct at Chuckie on the the stream in real time remotely
- These include
- These devices are remotely activated through wifi to ESP8266 devices with a relay
- We have limited funds to develop new components
- We have limited time
- We would need to prioritise and organise a collaboration in MRPG
- We will have limited space at MMF2024 so may need to modify/limit our ambitions
- There will be requirements imposed by Monash regarding what we can and cannot do in our exhibition area.
- Just use some/all Chuckie’s set up
- Use the Twitch interface
- Build our own local interface console to:
- Add new devices e.g. haptics to simulate electric shock (vibration), tickling, patting
- Put the Nerf gun on a remote controlled arm with a camera on the site to allow visitors to point the gun
- Space - No table required(?)
- Materials that can be used - Smoke? Silly String? Bubbles? Nerf 'bullets'?
- Time / coding to build robust / safe interfaces
- Console build
- Console and device mounts - maybe fixed to the "chair of torture'?
- All the skills - recruit volunteers
What, Who, When, Where & How?
- Get agreement from the MMF2024 'committee' - Mick by end of January